Thursday, September 9, 2010

Annie's People



I just finished reading the trilogy, Annie's People. Three amazing books that literally brought to life the Amish characters, not just what they DO, but how they feel, what they see in life, how they adjust to "Englishers."

I think of the three, The Englisher was probably my favorite, although it was hard to choose! And this one didn't turn out just how I'd thought it would! Beverly Lewis surprised me!


This one definitely didn't turn out how I'd thought it would! Wow! Beverly Lewis is full of surprises! Good ones!

FaithfulReader.com reviewed these books as follows: "Amish cultural details, interesting characters, faith dilemmas, romance and intrigue....The multiple story lines and points of view are smooth, evidence of Lewis's mastery of the genre."

I highly recommend that you run right out - right now!! and find these books - you'll spend hours with them in another country (almost another century!) and love them!

Now I've promised myself (sort of) not to find any more books to read - at least not long ones - until I get some other projects accomplished - like some memory books, my monthly update, packing for a trip north, maybe even some lunch!

No comments: