Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Want You Here with Me

I recently read Keith Green's biography (I commented on it in a recent post) and loved his poems/songs that his wife Melody included in it. This one especially spoke to my heart - we have time for EVERYTHING but our Lord! I have several poems that in the next few weeks I will be posting, so you'll have to bear with! I'm hoping it will whet your appetite and you'll want to read this incredible book!

I Want You Here with Me

By Keith Green

I want you here with Me
But you've been keeping other company.
You can't sit still!
It's plain to see, you love the world
And you're avoiding me.

My Word sits there upon your desk,
But you love your books and magazines the best.
You prefer the light of your TV
You love the world
And you're avoiding me!

You used to pray. You were so brave.
Now you can't keep even one
Appointment we've made.
Oh I gave My blood, to save your life
Tell me, tell me is it right?
Will you leave Me here
Alone again tonight?

No comments: