Sunday, September 12, 2010

Karla's having a baby - soon!




Last night we had a baby shower for Karla. She looks ready to pop - yesterday! But apparently, it may be a couple weeks yet! She's excited, nervous, happy, and of course, beautiful! Here she is with her mom, Yolanda.



We did all the silly stuff you do at baby showers: baby bingo, feeding each other yummy baby food, "baby" names (you DON'T want to know what my name was!), and of course lovely gifts! Isela gave a beautiful talk that she took out of Obrerofiel - and she messed me up! That was EXACTLY the talk I was going to give at our next baby shower for Gaby! So, now what do I do??? Guess I'll figure it out - fortunately there's still time!

And can't forget the eats! Several of us brought along goodies to be shared. I made brownies and my signature veggie plate, others brought molletes, cut up hot dogs in a sauce, lots of chips, even more soda pop, and we all chowed!

Here, unless someone wants to make or buy a cake, we don't "do" a baby shower cake! In past baby showers, Bethie has made beautiful cakes, but since she's not here.....! We just all enjoy whatever goodies everyone is willing to bring!






Here's what Rocio wore to the baby shower - well, that is, besides her clothes!

I'd say some people really get carried away with this Mexican Independence celebration. Don't you think??