Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Unexpected Guest





I've been reading some books published by Lamplighter Publishing. They're very old, rare, character-building books. They're of course written from a little different perspective than we "modern" Christians have, but are at the same time, very interesting, inspiring books. Right now I'm reading The Unexpected Guest. Yes, Kris, I finished Ellen Foster last night and even read another one - Jackie Robinson, Bravest Man in Baseball. What a fascinating story - both of them!

Anyway, back to the guest! There is a sweet poem in the first chapter that I thought I'd share today. I had another poem in mind, but feel this one might be needed by someone out there - maybe even me!

It doesn't have a title, but goes like this:

I've courage still
Through every ill;
For God is love
Who reigns above.

Let lightning flash
And thunder crash,
God's creatures, they
Must him obey.

Thus in the end
Each foe must bend,
And I'll not fear
With God so near.

Who looks on high
With steadfast eye
From faith's firm rock,
Need fear no shock.

Our God is true,
And faithful tool
Then come what will
I'll trust him still.



Probably not Keats or Browning caliber, but something we all need to remember, come what will.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Simple but pregnant with wisdom. Thank you.

Kris Livovich said...

I think it is a good poem, and much needed. Goes well with O Tu Fidelidad.