Monday, December 6, 2010

Hey! It's hot here!

You know the myth: Mexico = HOT!

Well, tonight it will go down to 31 degrees here in San Juan del Rio, Queretaro, MEXICO. That's 31 in Fahrenheit, not Celsius!

No wonder our office is so cold! With those brick walls and one tiny window that is covered by the building next door! Brrr! Today we broke down and bought propane gas to turn on our little space heater! That helped some, but we still wore our coats, scarves, half-gloves (so we can still type!) and knee blankets!

Not to mention our house! It's mighty chilly in here! I have a little propane gas heater that I've used once this winter - and will probably be using it some more. It keeps a little bit of the space warm and I try to sit or stand in that space when it's running!

It does warm up during the day to a nice 74 degrees. Outside, that is. To warm up, we find any excuse to go outside: talk to the neighbor, play with Peanut the dog, just stand in the sun, doesn't matter! Warm is what matters!

Would you believe warm scarves and hats are popular here? Geraldine, a young gal in my church knits very cute and creative scarves and hats. I've bought several from her, both for gifts and to keep myself warm!

Didn't I leave my winter coat somewhere?!

No comments: