Sunday, February 13, 2011

All on a Sunday morning


This morning I got to church early to set up the Lord's Supper, and then to go get Araceli and her children, and since the chairs weren't set up yet, I helped with that too.

Before setting up the chairs, Yadhira said, "Shouldn't we set them up more decoratively, say, one blue, one green!" I just laughed at her (and with her!) and said, "Whatever you say!"

So, today the chairs were set up decoratively! I'm sure everyone (like, NO ONE!!) noticed! But Yadhira was happy - and it DID look nice!




Here's one of the new babies in our church, Yadhira is holding him at the moment. He made the rounds with several of us!

He doesn't have a name yet. Soon, we hope!

He was born January 4th.



And you thought I only had 19 grandchildren!!!

This one isn't official, but I'll claim him!




Did I hear someone say, "But I'm too young to do anything in church"??

Well, tell Angel that!

He's six!

He does a good job singing and does GREAT on the tambourine!

So, if you're SIX or older, you can definitely participate!!

His sister Adaia is also singing - she's 11, I believe.

Another sister Adriana, also sings, but wasn't feeling up to it this morning.

She's 7 or 8.

The other three gals are Janett (singing), Edith and Tania (on the guitars).



Angel is so short, sometimes we can't see him!

But that's OK - we appreciate him!



Some of you, or maybe just one of you, will remember Jorge

from New Life Bible Church in Queretaro.

He and his wife Montserrat came today and Jorge preached.

It was great!

They brought along their adorable little girls, Raquel and Isabel.

After the service we all enjoyed a meal where most folks brought something to share.

I brought sandwiches, but not just ANY sandwiches!

They had ham, cheese, avocado, tomato AND a chile!

Can't have a sandwich without the chile!

I also baked cookies.

There is always enough food for all, but there's usually NONE left over!

Today was no exception.

Everything was delicious

and the fellowship was even better!





2 comments:

Kris Livovich said...

Love those Mexican sandwiches. My favorite is white Bimbo, mayo, ham and a raja. MMMMmmm, good!

Beth Hanna said...

I used whote wheat Bimbo - sorry!