Monday, February 7, 2011

The Shepherd of Bethlehem

I just finished The Shepherd of Bethlehem, which is part of the Lamplighter Rare Collector Series. If you haven´t heard of the Lamplighter series, it is a collection of Christian family literature from the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. They are all beautifully bound and written from a Christ-centered, Bible-centered perspective. I´m really enjoying the ones I´ve read.

As you may know, literature from that era made the bad people really, really, really bad, and of course the good people were really, really, really good! But the message is biblically centered and brings alive the Christ of the Bible. Check it out!

I just saw that on Amazon you can get one of these books, used, for only $80!! Ouch! But I´m sure there are other places where they don´t cost so much! I´m doing the "cheap" thing and borrowing them! Check out Lamplighterpublishing.com.

No comments: