Friday, February 25, 2011

The Hidden Hand - and others




This past week I finally finished The Hidden Hand, by Eden Southworth. Here's what it says in its introduction:

Reader beware! Once you begin this novel, you will not be able to put it down! The Hidden Hand is strewn with mystery and suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end! You will find yourself laughing aloud at some of Capitola's antics. But don't let her feisty, mischievous character and Old Hurricane's cantankerous personality derail you from seeing the gracious providence of an all-wise God...

It goes on, but that will suffice. I actually WAS able to put it down - several times - simply because I needed to get some rest so I could carry on here in San Juan!

This is from the Lamplighter Rare Collection Series. If you're interested in seeing more, check Amazon. It shows everything they have!

I also read The Basket of Flowers by Christoph von Schmid, but it was short and didn't take long! And I suspect I've already read it before, because it had a real familiar "ring" to it!

AND I just finished The Solitary Envoy by T. Davis Bunn and Isabella Bunn, also a fascinating book, which is a novel, but contains much of true history in it.

And if you think all I do is read, well, no! I read fast, and usually don't spend a lot of time reading, but it IS one of my favorite pastimes!

Keeps the TV off, and that's a very good thing!

2 comments:

Jim said...

You ought to check out "The Hidden Hand" by J. Sidlow Baxter - you might enjoy it, and then you could say you've read... both hands...

Beth Hanna said...

I couldn't find it in our local basement library. Any chance you have it and I could borrow it?