Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cuneros

Last November at our national teacher's conference, one of the ladies in my church (who will remain anonymous to protect the innocent!), discovered an amazing fact. Little children CAN learn truths from the Bible! Amazing, isn't it? She got so excited, she came right back home and started a "Cunero" class (literally it means crib class, but it's for children age 0-5).

Each Sunday when it's time for the message, we take the little ones to their own class for special Bible stories, songs, verses, etc. This gal recruited a bunch of us to take turns giving this class. My turn has come up the month of March and the theme this month are the Ten Plagues of Exodus.

It's been interesting and fun to teach these little ones. And oh my!! Are they smart! And some of them already know the stories forwards and backwards, but still remain interested! I love teaching them, although I find it hard because most of them can't write yet, but so far it's been a joy and blessing.

Fernanda, one of the other ladies, helps me, and today I asked her if she'd be willing to teach the last class on Plague Number 10 next week. She said she'd be happy to! Lucky her, she gets to teach the CLIMACTIC lesson! Several young girls also join us as helpers and we're glad to have them along, although sometimes we don't really NEED them. But we won't tell them that!!





Little Ricardo colors right along with the rest - one color in each hand, please! He's adorable and behaves beautifully, especially because big sister Adaia (age 12) is always nearby to give a helping hand. She reminds me of my granddaughter Raquel, who also is so good with the little ones!



Snack time! Juice and crackers or - our favorite - Maria cookies!!










No comments: