Wednesday, March 16, 2011

IN STEP


This poem reminded me of me, not just today, but in years gone by when I was a stumbling toddler trying to walk with Jesus. I remember those high school years when it was so hard, but of course He was always with me - always! Lifting me up when I needed it, and you know, He often used people in my life to do just that - yes, we can see Jesus in those who surround us and care for us.

I put this picture with it, because it's my absolute favorite picture of Jesus lovin' on the children. It's probably not "politically correct" since all the kiddos are "gueros" (blonde!!), but that's OK! There are other pictures of Him with children who are a little more "moreno", but we'll enjoy this one for now!


IN STEP

By M.W. Philippines

(A 15-year-old woman of the harvest)

Side by side in life we walked,

The Father and His child.

Both homeward bound, we turned;

but while

Sure and strong His stride,

Scurried, stumbled I, the toddler

By His side.


Though first a joy,

but keeping up

With each enormous step

Soon proved in vain, and I,

the child, wept, ‘til. . .

Stopped the Father and

Lifted me with care;

Bore me o’er the rocky plain

and set me, once again,

To scurry, stumble-

I, the toddler by His side.



1 comment:

Kris Livovich said...

You are right, Mom. It is good to have others who come along beside us and lift us up when we need it.

And the cake from the shower looked super good! Muchas Felicidades to Julio!