Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SUMMIT




I've been formatting a course called "Caminando en paz" (Walking in peace), so I thought this poem would be appropriate for how NOT to walk in peace!

I'm running low on poems lately, although I still have a couple great ones to share. I don't do much poetry reading, and the "local" library here in San Juan (in other words, the McManus library!) doesn't have a whole lot to to offer in the way of poetry! But now and then I find something that is really good and speaks to me in a way I can understand.

SUMMIT

Reprinted from Harvesting Fog, Copyright Luci Shaw 2010, Pinyon Publishing.

Used by permission of the author.


In the tops of the cedars

ten crows are quarreling.

They do not believe in

conflict management. Now

they are flying off, glaring

at each other. Nothing

has been settled.


Know anyone like that??



No comments: