Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Uneventful makes me happy!

Last Friday Alan, Beth, Cameron, Dayton and I left San Juan del Rio to start our two-month sojourn in the States! We were hoping and praying for UNEVENTFUL, and I'm very happy to report it's been just that! If you'd like to read a much more interesting tale about our journey north, check out Alan and Beth's blog: http://abcdmcmanus.blogspot.com/

The trip trough northern Mexico was as boring as possible - of course we had a good story going on Bethie's Kindle - or ipod - or whatever it is - so we weren't in the least bored! The trip through Texas was equally uneventful and equally boring, although there are a FEW more highway signs and towns to see. In Dallas we enjoyed a visit with Jim and Inez Ferguson, as well as shopping and of course PANERA - we love that place!

Dallas was a bit eventful though. I was supposed to visit El Redentor church Sunday morning and never did find it - even with written directions and a GPS! The GPS didn't even recognize the address, so that was NOT a good thing! After some wandering in the general area - I KNOW I was close to the church! - I returned to the CAM mission home! Maybe next trip I'll try again!

ANd the best uneventful occasion was today: Jeff Arnold took me to get my car registered - it wouldn't let me do it online, since it was expired. Happily, we got through the line and everything taken care of in record time! AND THEN....

Inspection! This had me a bit concerned (not worried, you'll note, just concerned!) because my 2002 Sable has not seen the U.S. soil since 2006, and who knows if it's still in operating order! Well, it is! No problem, everything is A-OK! All I could say as I left the inspection station was, "Thank you, Lord!"

So, now I'm ready to head north to Chicago. Around 5:30 this afternoon my friends Jim and Inez will come by for me, take me to their house for the night and tomorrow run me to the airport. Aren't friends GREAT?? We've been friends since the Nicaragua earthquake (1972) and they're the best!

No comments: